Thursday, May 20, 2010

Grandmommie Visit and the LA ZOO

On Mother's Day, Kian, his Grandmommie and I went to the LA Zoo. We saw monkeys, flamingos, a cassuary, a rhino, komodo dragons, a harpy eagle, a hippo, a koala and her baby and lots more. It was fun, and good exercise for mom and me to keep up with Kian. For his part, Kian was just as interested in all the human animals - especially the young ones!

Again, I wish I'd taken more pictures, but here is one at least - I think they are in front of the rhino exhibit:

(that's an almond skin on his chin, by the way)

After we walked through a nice segment of the Zoo, we wound up stopping at the covered playground they have there. The 'playground' is actually more of a sprawling structure made up of interconnected slides, bridges and stairs, which resembles an oversized ant hill when all the kids are swarming on it. Kian and his Grandmommie plunged right in. I was grateful to rest and be the catcher at the bottom of the slides! Although he thought the animals were nice too, I think the playground was really the highlight of Kian's day.

On recent visits, Kian and his Grandmommie have also enjoyed playing a game with "cascarones", or confetti-filled eggs. The idea is to smash the cascarones on the ground, or on each other's heads, and shout "!Fiesta!" Kian thinks this is an absolute riot.

He loves it when his Grandmommie comes to visit him!

No comments:

Post a Comment