Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It's a BOY (too)

Well, we went for our big anatomy ultrasound yesterday, and we found out that Kian will be a big brother to a little brother! This means I will be surrounded and outnumbered 3 to 1 as the only girl in the house, and I couldn't be happier. I always thought it would be fun to be a mom to boys! Plus, we've already got the clothes. ;)

We've started talking to Kian about it, but it's hard to say whether he really 'gets' it yet. If I had to guess I would say it hasn't really clicked, but then again I am often surprised by how much he remembers and understands. He is very sweet about babies in general, so I am optimistic that he will be a nice big brother to the little one - we will see! We will try to keep the jealousy to a minimum by pumping him up about HIS baby brother, and what a great big brother he will be and how important and how loved he is.

So now I am daydreaming about two boys running around and playing together, getting into messes together and being great friends.... That's the best gift that I could imagine for each of them: that they could be built-in buddies who are always there for each other and have each other's backs, even if they sometimes don't get along. Hopefully they will have that kind of friendship. Since Naysan and I were both raised as only children, we will be starting from scratch, so please feel free to share any sibling raising tips with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment