This past Sunday was "Seez Deh Beh Dar": a Persian holiday occurring 13 days after the Persian New Year, or "Noh Ruz".
It's a day when everyone usually gets together for picnics in parks and the enjoyment of delicious food in the company of good friends and family. Of course, there's no such thing as a Persian holiday that doesn't center around eating - or if there is, I haven't heard of it!
To celebrate, Naysan, Kian and I went with Floria, Farhad and Amin to the beautiful home of family friends Mashiat and Ladan Rahmani, in Montecito. We had such a good time! Delicious food, gorgeous home, amazing music and - most of all - wonderful company. Kian got to meet many friends of his family for the first time, and soaked up all the love that was lavished on him.
Naysan, Kian and I also really enjoyed our time playing together out on the lawn. Kian got to feel grass on his bare feet, see fountains, touch flowers and watch his daddy playing basketball with the other boys. After lunch, Kian and I took a 2 hour nap together upstairs! Then we came down to listen to the music.
We couldn't imagine a more perfect day!
No comments:
Post a Comment