Kian now waves goodbye!
As I was leaving the apartment after visiting him at lunch, Vilda (our wonderful nanny) was coaching Kian on waving goodbye, holding up his little arm and imitating the action. He got it! I was thrilled.
Seeing his little hand go up on its own, fingers curling open and closed, seemed somehow momentous - a giant leap forward towards all sorts of future communications and understanding. Now he knows that this is what we do when someone is leaving.... the only hard part is that I am the one leaving.
Somehow it hasn't gotten any easier walking out the door after being back at work for more than seven months now. Back at my desk at the office, I am replaying this scene over and over in my head. I am happy, proud, excited and brimming with love and anticipation for his next big achievement - and yet somehow just a bit devastated too. The bittersweet emotional cocktail of the working mom!
To put things in perspective, maybe I should be thanking God for my blessings. 1. Kian himself: healthy, happy and the most wonderful and loveable baby IN THE WORLD (to his parents at least!). 2. Naysan. 3. Our family. 4. Vilda. 5. The ability to pay our bills when so many are struggling in this economy. 6. The fact that I even get to go home at lunch to see Kian.
These are all wonderful gifts, and I am very, very grateful. (I still wish I didn't have to say goodbye though!)
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment