Thursday, July 15, 2010

Geoff and Heidi's Wedding

On June 25, we went down to La Jolla for Geoff and Heidi's wedding on the beach!

The ceremony looked very simple and beautiful, but unfortunately I didn't get to hear most of it since I was busy keeping my crazy child from diving into the waves. Oh well, at least everyone else there was spared from witnessing him having a meltdown, which surely would have happened if we hadn't let him at least go down and throw sand in the waves! It is, quite possibly, his most favorite thing to do in the whole wide world.

Here we are arriving at the beach. Note how nice Kian looks. It's not going to last....


Here he is, spying the water and making a dash for it while Isla looks calmly on:


I couldn't help noticing that Isla was calm (and dry) the whole time. She checked out the people, she made a sand castle, she did not charge into the ocean like a crazy person! Is this the difference between a girl and a boy? Is it personality? Or is it just that she's at the beach all the time so this is no biggie for her? I don't know the answer, but it sure looked relaxing.

Meanwhile, I was trying to avert the inevitable soaking. Upon reflection, I should have just undressed him at this point and kept his clothes dry for afterward. Ah, hindsight....



This is how he ended up about 5 minutes later: stripped down to his diaper with his soaked clothes in a heap on a rock somewhere. His Grandmommie and I were drenched up to our knees too, but luckily were able to remain dressed....



What can I say, he had a great time. :) Ok, I'll admit it, so did I! I think his Grandmommie did, too. A question to ponder: are we insane to be having another one of these boy creatures, or is it the best idea we've ever had, second only to having the first? (Maybe both??)
Luckily, we did manage to get some pictures of the happy couple, too:

It was great to be there for the event and to get to celebrate with Geoff and Heidi. Plus, it's always a treat to see family.
Here are my wonderful girl cousins ...

Ashley, quite possible the cutest pregnant girl EVER:


And the lovely Sarah and Jessica:


And here is my Aunt Meredith with all of her four kids together - a pretty big accomplishment when one lives on the east coast and one is in China!


I don't know why I didn't get any shots with all the boy cousins? Oh well, it was great to see them, too!

At least I got a picture with this guy! Have I mentioned that I love him? I do ...



A lot!

(More today than yesterday in fact, but not as much as tomorrow.)



P.S. We didn't get as many pictures from the reception the next day, but it was very nice too. Here are a couple of us anyway!


No comments:

Post a Comment